- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
Asset Based Development Training
Venue & Times: Central London, near Bond Street tube on the Central Line. 09:30 registration, 10:00 start. Lunch and refreshments provided. Ends 16:30
Aim: Are you interested in taking over a building in your area for community development or social enterprise purposes? Find out about how the process works and what financial support is available.
Who should attend? This course is aimed at community groups and individuals who wish to manage a building for community benefit.
Content: This training will cover -
- The Localism Act and My Community Rights
- What you need to have in place
- Case studies / good practice
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will be able to –
- Identify the information and resources necessary to achieve an asset transfer
- Demonstrate how to develop a case for support for a building
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practice requirements
- Identify suitable and relevant funding sources
- Identify the structure of asset based grant applications
- Developing sustainability and capacity within your organisation
- Be able to put together an asset development place
- Leave with wider knowledge of My Community Rights agenda
Methodology: This will be a mixture of presentations, group exercises and discussions and hand-outs.
Costs: £75 (Charities with 0-9 employees); £150 (Charities with 10-19 employees); £225 (Charities with 20+ employees); £225 (Social Enterprises and CICs); £350 (Companies); £50 (Voice4Change members with over three months membership). 10% off the costs for organisations who are Voice4Change members less than three months.
To book your place contact V4CE firstname.lastname@example.org or call (020) 3405 5212
If you have specific training requirements in mind, we also offer cost effective consultancy services. We are happy to work with organisation at their own offices.